Saturday, November 22, 2008

Playing around the house

OK Today I went out to play with Shan the Man. It's been a while since I have done anything with him. Poor boy , I feel bad about that one. He is so wooly and dirty. I don't think I have ever seen him this dirty, but it's been cold so I guess he is staying this way for now.

Played on line . Decided to see how he yields zone 1. Better at the driving game but difficult at the porcupine game. Trying to get him to yield zone 1 and keep hind legs in a circle. We had a few moments of right brian but after we got settled down I had a nice soft responsive horse. We made some pretty nice circles. Then we played with sideways. He loves sidepassing to me. Now I am trying to have him sidepass to me without having to touch lightly on the opposite side. Just lifting my carrot stick and using some motion. Then he also went sideways away from me too. All pretty nice. Shan is such fun to play with...I really need to do more of this. I am thinking of taking him to the next play day at Beth's .....Shan has never been to a playday. It should be real interesting that is for sure.

Called for Beau and up he came from the pasture. At liberty we went around the property some . Then played with a plywood board , having him crossing it and backing on and off. He was staying calm ...making progress with his problems of placing his hind feet on something.
Then we also worked on yielding zone 1 with the porcupine and driving game. He is getting softer.
Also played friendly game , slapping the savvy string on the ground and seeing how it effects Beau. He did better with it. Stayed relaxed and did some chewing.

No comments: