Friday, September 26, 2008

Bareback pad riding

Wed. Sept 24th

Ok Kathy was kind of enough to loan me another Parelli Patterns DVD...this one is the Freestyle patterns. So decide to see where we are in it.

Played with Beau today. Touch it game up the ante.....it is now touch it down on the ground.
He caught on pretty good. Had to leave a treat here and there to get the idea but after that he was looking for more carrots.

Then I went and played with the figure 8 pattern and he did good. I really need to work on my drive of the front zones. Beau wants to draw to me so much. ( not complaining)

Now it was time to ride him. Stayed with Halter and lead rope looped around to make a rein. He side pass over to the rail for me to get on. Played friendly game all over his body while on top on him. Ok so off at a walk.....follow the rail .....Level 1 Parelli Patterns. Toss the rein around Drop and pick it up without looking. Bending to a stop, Direct rein , indirect rein turns, Whoa off seat,
and a 9 step back up. Then we did it all at a trot. He stayed nice and relaxed at the trot......not to bad to ride bareback.....boy that sure was cool to find out I could do that. He followed the rail nicely not to many corrections. Felt good moving...nice and even.

Health update. Straches seem to be healing some.....new med. (well horse)
Kash made a good bite mark on Beau's neck.....now I have to treat that too.

No comments: