Friday, September 26, 2008

Ride Season Starts!!!!

Sept. 19th - 21st

Well Friday the 19th.... Trail ride , Greenway, Landbridge trailhead. Meet Diane and Wayne.
Cool in the morning. Couldn't be more blessed. I decide to take Kash....to check him out before Tia or Randy ride him ( hasn't been out on trail since May) He is a good boy. I think anyone could ride him out on a trail ride. He looks at nothing , doesn't mind to be in the front, middle or back. No problem. I think he is a keeper.

Had the vet out at 2:00 to pull coggins on Shan. Looked at Beau's Hind pasterns ..... Said just to keep very dry. I started him on some herbal stuff from J and J.

Sat . The 20th, Went to Kathy's today and played. Had a good time. Thanks so much Kathy for a fun day with horses.Kathy asked as soon as I got there which horse I had......it was Shanadar, I picked him because he kept nickering to me as if saying"Take me Take me" So I did.Unloaded Shan and the BIG cow bellowed, Shan just decided to eat some grass. Good start. Decided it was time to go mosey around and see what we could find. Just around the front of the trailer.......a group of pigs. Ok So I am thinking ....get ready for a dart here or there from a pig, oh no....Shan just wanted to play the touch it game with the piggies.He tried and tried to get one of those pigs to touch his nose. Went out and let him see the other horses ( which were wondering who is this new horse). Kathy got Renegade and then we decided to go in the round pen and play online together. We wanted to see if we could keep our individual horses attention. I think we did a good job. Both horses were staying focused with us, a few glances at each other....normal horse stuff.Later we saddled up and rode some. Kathy in the round pen and I circled on the outside. All went well. Then I entered the pen . Rode together in the pen together for a little bit. Oh yea Shan did finally find a pig or two that would come to him and they would touch noses. I dropped my carrot stick once that had the plastic bag connected and the pigs started to take it. Just to funny.

Kathy had this to say about the day....thanks a bunch Kathy!!
Hey everybody - today's play day was lots of fun. Terri brought Shan over and she played with him a while in the play pen. She had him going through the car wash, backing/weaving through cones, touch this/that, over the cavaletti, push the ball, all kinds of stuff. He was awsome!!! I got Renegade from the pasture and we played a little outside the play pen while Terri and Shan were inside. We even had both the boys inside the pen playing at the same time. Terri took Shan to her trailer to saddle him up and I saddled Renegade in the pen. Mounted up and warmed up at the walk. Terri rode Shan around outside the pen and he was great - even the piggies didn't upset him!!! She was walking, trotting, doing cs riding, LOOKING GOOD TERRI :!: :!: Terri had me riding point to point to get Renegade and I focused and help us get our go/whoa button better. I was pretty uncoordinated at first but got better and then Renegade got better/understood what I was asking. Ummmmmmm.....At one point we ended up at the same point of the pen, Terri and Shan outside and Renegade and I inside. The boys touched noses and started squealing and Renegade stamped his foot. I had to get us away from there quick. I had thoughts of bailing but felt I confident enough that I felt I could stay mounted. Then Renegade started to get a little attitude and bit my toe and ankle - not hard but nipping at them. And of course his antenna was up/out. I put his feet to work doing lots of hq yields and changes of direction. It went up/in!! Kept this up (no pun intended :shock: :lol: ) for a while until he quit and his attitude changed/he relaxed then he got to rest by his favorite blue barrel. Then Terri brought Shan inside the play pen and was riding him around while Renegade rested bringing Shan closer and closer. On one circle Shan was a little too close for Renegades comfort and his head went up and he was a little worried. Guess he pushed on Renegade's bubble just a little too much. Terri made the next two trips a little less close and Renegade was happy/relaxed again. At this point I decided it was a good time to get off. Renegade had accepted my leadership and was comfortable/relaxed so I was a good time to stop!!!All together it was a VERY interesting and productive play day. We (Renegade and I) were challenged and learned alot. Renegade even loaded in Terri's trailer!!! I'm on cloud nine and can't wait until October 4th :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Can't wait to see what Terri posts about our day today.

Sunday 21st
Beau's day. Went to get him out to play......he appears not to interested. So I decide to spend some undemanding time, mosey around and before I know it he is playing stick to me. Worked on our back (yo yo ) He is staying straighter and not turning his head away. Did a few touch it here and there. Then played with the figure 8 patterns. He did well. Went to turn loose and go sit on fence. He came up to me like get on........so I thougth do I dare......... why sure.....he asked.. so I did.... All went great. I rode him bareback with a halter. This horse is not use to bareback and we walked and trotted some . He was very left brian and calm. Time to stop and dream of the possibilities to come.

No comments: